Neuchatel can be reached easily by train from Geneva, Basel or Zurich airports. Travel time from Geneva or Basel airports to Neuchatel is about 1.5
hours one-way and the ticket costs around 48 Swiss francs. A one-way trip from Zürich airport to Neuchatel takes about 1 hour and 50 minutes and the ticket price is 57 Swiss francs.
Once in Neuchatel, take the regional train to Val de Travers, the location of the competition and accommodation.
The competition organizers will provide one free transfer bus from Geneva and Zürich airports to Val de Travers. The departure time of the transfer bus will be communicated several days before the start of the competition. If you cannot make it to these transfer buses, please make arrangements to go to Val de Travers by train on your own.
To provide accommodation assistance to the competition participants, the competition organizers will rent two country houses in Val de Travers from the 1st to the 7th of July 2017. The fixed price of this accommodation is 240 Swiss francs for 6 nights in a room with 4 beds, including half-board (breakfast and lunch prepared from regional and local products). Depending on the availability, two or more people can reserve a whole room at an additional fee.
The accommodation is subject to the following conditions:
- The price for children under 12 is 200 Swiss francs.
- Accommodation dates and prices are fixed and cannot be changed. If a participant arrives after the 1st of July and needs to leave prior to the 7th of July, he/she will still have to pay the full price.
- Payment for the accommodation will be due on the 15th of May 2017 at the latest.
- Reservations will only be made after payment is received.
- If you have special dietary requirements, please indicate them in your reservation.
- If you need to cancel your travel and participation in the competition, the organizers will refund half of your accommodation fees excludingany transfer costs.