Category A: Participants born after the 1st of July 2006
Program of free choice, max. 10 minutes
Category B: Participants born between the 31st of June 2006 and the 1st of July 2002
Program of free choice, max. 20 minutes, including:
- one virtuoso etude
- one piece from the Baroque Period
Category C: Participants born between the 31st of June 2002 and the 1st of July 1992
The competition in Category C will take place in two rounds.
First Round :
The program must not exceed 25 minutes and must include:
- One work of choice from the following List A:
- G. P. Telemann: Fantasia no. 3 or no. 6 or no. 10
- C. P. E. Bach: Sonata in a minor for solo flute (2 movements)
- J. S Bach: Partita for flute (2 movements)
- One work of choice from the following List B:
- A. Honegger: Danse de la Chèvre
- S. Karg-Elert: Sonata Appassionata, Op. 140 in f-sharp minor
- E. Bozza: Image
- One work of choice from the following List C:
- E. Varèse: Density 21-5
- Toru Takemitsu: Itinerant
- Edison Denisov: Solo for Flute
- One solo contemporary work of choice, max. 10 minutes.
Second round :
The program must not exceed 25–35 minutes and include:
- W. A. Mozart: Andante in C Major, KV 315
- One work of choice from the list below:
- F.Martin - Ballade
- F.Poulenc - Sonata
- H.Dutilleux - Sonatina
- P.Sancan - Sonatina
- S. Prokofiev: Sonata Op. 94 in D Major, 2 consecutive movements
Fees for the services of an accompanist provided by the competition:
For participants in Category A: 40 francs
For participants in Category B: 60 francs
For participants in Category C: second round – 60 francs
One rehearsal with the accompanist is included for each candidate who requests this service.
- 1st prize : 300 francs
- 2nd prize : 200 francs
- 3rd prize : 100 francs
- 1st prize : 800 francs
- 2nd prize : 500 francs
- 3rd prize : 300 francs
- 1st prize : 2000 francs and a paid concert the following year
- 2nd prize : 1000 francs
- 3rd prize : 500 francs
All competitors in all categories have the additional opportunity to compete for the special C. M. von Weber Prize of 300 francs, if they include one piece by this composer in their program of free choice.
A special Virtuoso of Neuchatel Prize of 1,000 francs will be awarded to the best student from the Canton of Neuchâtel.
The jury reserves the right to stop the participant during the performance, if the performance exceeds the specified time limit or if the jury feels it is ready to make its decision without hearing the rest.